Backlight 1.0.4 is now available for download.
This update includes many fixes and improves under-the-hood to provide a better Backlight experience for users and visitors alike, and is recommended for all users. This version also adds support for the upcoming Theater Add-on, and supports selling images through Fotomoto.com.
A detailed list of changes and update instructions follows.
Backlight + Pages 1.0.4
- Adds support for Theater.
- Adds support for Fotomoto.
- Adds support for numeric filename suffix metadata tokens.
- Adds refer field to Publisher API to avoid servers mistaking Publisher for a bot.
- Changes handling of phpLiteAdmin to open in chromeless template.
- Moves PHP modules listing from Cart to Backlight.
- Updates Page URL Format handling.
- Disables pagination of embedded albums, to prevent issue with broken page parameters.
- Fixes field names for album sorting.
- Fixes issue where Backlight would attempt to look under /tmp on first Image Upload.
- Fixes issue with broken image preview on Uploaded Images properties page.
- Adds check for ‘files’ session save handler before attempting to save sessions under backlight/data/sessions.
- Adds check for existence of mb_convert_string before attempting to use function.
- Improves error handling.
- Adds alpha support for masthead background-color.
- Adds option to enable/disable masthead hyperlinking.
- Adds localization options for Photoswipe UI.
- Adds FitVids JS support: responsive video embeds.
- Adds some basic styling for social media buttons.
- Changes “Shift” CSS transition for trays; removes “Reveal” transition as problematic.
- Improves appearance and utility of single-image HTML pages.
- Removes “One Column, No Tray” (0col) layout option.
- Sets 100% as maximum quality for Photos for Purchase rendition.
- Updates to jQuery 3.1.0.
To update to Backlight + Pages 1.0.4:
IMPORTANT: Do NOT replace the entire backlight directory! Doing so will remove ALL data and settings!
Remove and re-upload the following files and directories:
Clear the Designer Template Cache by visiting Backlight => Designer => Templates => Clear Template Cache.
Visit each of the Backlight, Designer and Publisher admin sections to allow Backlight to run any necessary database updates.