CE3 Cart & WordPress Updates
New updates for CE3 Cart and CE3 Theme for WordPress are now available. These are maintenance releases, with the following changes:
TTG CE3 Cart 2.0.5
- Added support for sessions to cross www and non-www URLs.
- Added support for absolute URLs in stand-alone purchase buttons.
- Automatically remove slashes that are added for hosts with magic_quotes_gpc enabled.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the cart working in IE 8.
Instructions to update from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5:
1. Update the folders application, framework and resources.
2. Login to you cart admin.
TTG CE3 Theme for WordPress 2.1.2
- Improved styling of featured posts area.
And here are instructions for updating from a previous version.
In the interest of letting you know how things are going:
CE3 Cart and CE3 Theme for WordPress are our newest plugins to launch, and I am happy to say that both have been very well received. These will hopefully be our last maintenance releases for the time being, and we can begin to focus on what comes next. Specifically ...
We've put a lot of user feedback into the incremental updates to CE3 Cart, implementing fixes and smoothing out the rough bits to provide a better user experience and greater stability. Having gotten it all pretty shiny, Ben is forging ahead with work on CE3 Cart 2.1.0, which promises to bring even greater things. We will probably be dishing out details in the November newsletter, so look forward to that.
In the meantime, I plan to have the October newsletter out within the next few days. It rounds up various news items from the last month, and will be primarily about the CE3 Theme for WordPress 2.1.0 update (for users who may not have seen the blog post).